Monday, February 1, 2010

The Little Engine That Could

Yesterday (Sunday), I had a CD18 follow-up ultrasound.  To refresh your memory, I had ultrasounds on both CD12 and CD15, both of which showed my lead follicle at only 11mm.  To be able to proceed with the trigger (hCG) shot, your lead follicle needs to be at least 18 to 20mm.  So, needless to say, I was not progressing as I should on this round of Clomid (150mg CD5-9).

Ideally, your follicles should grow 2-3mm per day.  At my follow up appointment yesterday (3 days after my last ultrasound), my lead follicle was at 13mm.  Not too much progression, but at least I am getting somewhere... even if it is only 2mm in 3 days.  The doctor doesn't think this progression is caused by the Clomid, though, because you should expect to see a ready follicle by CD18.  Which bascially means I am suffering these hot flashes and night sweats for nada.  Good times.

So, I'm still in the waiting game, but at least I am starting to feel like I am getting somewhere.  I'll go back on Wednesday, CD21, and hopefully my progress will improve.  Keep your fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment