Thursday, February 25, 2010

Follicle Size and Ovulation

After my monitoring this morning, I found myself really curious about to correlation between follicle size and the LH surge to initiate ovulation. Based on conversation with my doctor(s), they consider a follicle 15mm or more to be mature, and will trigger (with hCG injection) once the follicle reaches 20mm. My question was "When does the body alone "trigger" ovulation?" Basically, I was concerned that by waiting until the follicle was 20mm, I could potentially ovulate on my own and miss it... especially considering the fact that we are doing our first IUI this cycle.  

So, I Googled, and found this link... I thought the information was useful, especially at putting my mind at ease a little during this "waiting period".  I thought I would share in case anyone was interested!  Enjoy!

Ovulation After Controlled Ovarian Hyperstimulation

4 comments:

  1. 270 :( No change. I'm takign another injection tonight and going back in tomorrow to see if I improve. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. Thank you so so much for sharing your knowledge with the world through the Internet. Wonderful blog and post you got here
    HCG Diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw your post and thanks for the info.. I am 36 and have been trying since I was 18 to get preggers - no luck. Went in for first round of Clomid and ultrasound yesterday. They said my follicles were too small and I had no idea what they were talking about!

    ReplyDelete