Monday, March 15, 2010

New kind of waiting game

So I'm getting a little more comfortable as days go past, but I'm still worried this is too good to be true.  I've put my concerns that the 10 BFPs I have gotten are caused by remaining hCG from the trigger shot, but I still worry about this being a chemical pregnany, or ectopic, or that it will result in a miscarriage.  I have no reason to believe this may happen to me, as it never has before, but like I said, this just seems too good to be true. 

Not too surprising, I have taken about a bazillion HPTs.  Let's see... one on Thursday, then 4 on Friday (2 with FMU, 2 with SMU), then 1 each on Saturday, Sunday, and today.  I really hate the Dollar Tree tests.  They never get very dark and make me worry.  I used one on Sunday and it was barely visable.  I was sure my pregnany was already over, but I took a FRER this morning and it was beautiful; the test line was just as dark as the control, and showed up in no time). 

I was able to go to my RE on Friday, at 11DPO (3w5d) and get my beta bloodtest.  I got the results on Saturday morning, and they came back at 77.  The nurse who called me seemed to think this was realy good, but I of course hit to the internet to see for sure.  From what I found, here is what to expect in early pregnany:

Week 3 = 5-50
Week 4 = 5-426

Soooo, it seems I'm high for Week 3, but maybe a little low for Week 4.  Who knows.  I'm going to try and not worry about it, but I have of course already hit up the WTE message board for info on other's beta levels.  I'm a dork, I know.  I go back on Friday for another beta, and if the whole "doubles every 48 hours" thing is accurate, I'm looking at a beta level of around 1000.  But does that sound right?  Everyone seemed to think I would be called back in on Sunday or Monday, but instead we are waiting a week.  Maybe they are really confident or something.  Who knows; I guess it's good one of us is.

I don't really have much in the way of symptoms except for the complete exhaustion over the past 4 or 5 days.  I swear, I have had to take a nap every day since Friday, and I can barely wake up in the morning.  I am SO tired.

That's all for now!  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! I think your beta looks great. It's definitely nerve wracking waiting for the second draw since the first number doesn't mean too much.

    If it makes you feel better, my beta at 4wks exactly (14dpo) was 70 which the IF office said was good. I had it checked again at 4wks 2 days (16dpo) and it was 193.

    ReplyDelete