Wednesday, September 22, 2010

32 weeks (or 31w3d to be exact)

Just realized I haven't shared a belly pic in a while, so here you go!


If you haven't noticed before, I "cleverly" hide my face with my cell phone in every shot.  I hate that my face is swollen (along with everything else), so anything I can do to disguise it will be done.  But do you know what doesn't hide it?  Chopping all my hair off!  I've spent the past several months growing out my bangs.  Its been a tedious process that I am still not 100% sure I of (I reallllly do like and miss my bangs), but admittedly, they made me look young and it was time for a change.  They had finally grown out to about my chin, and all of a sudden it seemed like a good idea to make all my hair the same length.  I broke the rule... the "you shouldn't make drastic changes to your appearance when pregnant" rule.  I see now that there is a reason for said rule.  My hair doesn't behave like it did before.  It is genuinely different now that I am pregnant, and it lacks the body needed to pull this off.

Funny enough, this isn't the first time I have made a major hair mistake.  In college, I had a run in with a box of hair dye that made my hair black as night, and I ended up having to color correct it.  Then there was the perm of 2006, where I was convinced to get a wave put into my hair... only my hair reacted poorly (probably because it hadn't fully recovered from the color correction a year or so beforehand), turn into a frizzy, poodle mess, and a lot of the color just drained out.  It was a sad, sad day.  Of course, I took everything I learned from Legally Blonde, jumped in the shower, and tried to wash the perm away, but that just made it worse.  Eric came home from work to find me laying in the bath tub, crying, with a bottle of tine.  My hair has never really recovered (I have to straighten it now because the curls stayed, and I have the worst frizz, especially in this wonderful Virginia humidity).

So in comparison, this really isn't so bad.  It will grow out soon enough, and for the time being I can enjoy only needing about 5 minutes to dry my hair (which is one of my least favorite things to do, along with cleaning the shower).

3 comments:

  1. I've been following you since March when I started blogging. It's been so neat to see your body transform with twins and thanks for sharing! BTW, I think your hair looks great AND so does your belly...Wishing you all the best over the next few weeks...Can't wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you've just totally "popped"!! Your belly is so cute! I think your hear looks great. It's funny you post about this because I've been thinking of doing a major hair chop myself even though everyone says not to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I love the hair!

    I think I was WAY bigger than you at the same time!

    BTW- No early babies for you! The stroller brings at least 38 weeks delivery date! The 1st couple had their b/g twins at 38 wks and I was 37 wks and 5 days, so you will go til Nov! Then you'll get your holiday plan! YAY!

    Did you play with the SNG yet? How did you like it?

    ReplyDelete