Thursday, April 15, 2010

8w4d and another doctor's appointment

First off, I want to say thank you to everyone for all your kind words about Layla.  We are still waiting for her oncologist appointment, but we also want to be realistic in knowing she likely will not be with us much longer.  We just want to make her last months with us happy ones.

Second, I had another appointment today, my first real OB appointment with my new doctor too.  We decided to change doctors as we moved late last year and are closer to a different hospital now.  Anyone from DC/Northern VA knows the traffic is terrible, and we didn't want to risk labor during rush hour to a hospital 30 minutes away.  So instead, we will now be going to iNova Fairfax which is just a few miles down the road.

I really like this new doctor.  She was cheery and fun and excited.  A step up from my last OB who was a bit of a downer.  We got to see the babies again and it was exciting to see how much they have grown in 2 weeks.  They were measuring right on target, give or take a day or so.  Their heartbeats were great at 171 and 174 bpm.  It was crazy to hear, its so fast!  Here's the latest pic... again, I took this with my phone, so the quality sucks, but you can at least get an idea...


One of the babies is facing head on, and was waving at us, and the other is sideways.  They looked like little gummy bears.  It was really exciting.  They decided to change my due date by one day, so I am now due November 21st.

As far as symptoms, I still feel pretty miserable, but I think it might be getting better.  I can stomach some meat now, but not a lot, and there have actually been a few meals where I didn't want to roll over and die immediately afterwards.  I still feel sick alot, but I've been fighting throwing up hardcore, cause I HATE throwing up.  So, I'm having "reverse morning sickness"... that's all I'm gonna say for fear of breaching TMI territories, but I think you should be able to get the picture.  And trust me, it's no good.  And of course, I'm still exhausted all the time.  My bedtime has pretty much become between 8:30 and 9 each night.  It's sad, cause I'm usually a night owl. 

My next appointment is in 4 week, so right into the beginning of my second trimester.

3 comments:

  1. Glad the babies are doing well!

    I had m/s until week 16 with my girls. I hope yours ends sooner! The exhaustion continues forever!! Sorry! I still battle that! Twins wear you down from the inside out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and I'm SO EXCITED that you are delivering at Fairfax. WHY? (you ask) My best friend, who is also my sister-in-law is a labor and delivery nurse at Fairfax! Plus she just had her first baby there too! By the time you deliver she will for sure be back to work. (Actually, hubs and I are on our way to DC today to visit her and her hubs!) Anyway, when it gets closer to your due date I'd love to get your email so I can share with you her name and everything. She is so smart, and so sweet and it the best nurse in the world!! :-) Plus, I already told her about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say that I think you are having two girls.

    ReplyDelete